Here's how Master Remote Interviewing works.
Session 1 (April 16th @ 8pm ET):
Remote Technical Interviewing – Online Coding Tests, Phone Screens, and Remote “Onsites”
In Session 1, we’re going to dig deep into the technical side of interviewing remotely. We’ll cover the different types of remote interviews that you can expect, when you’ll see them, and how to prepare.
Among other things, we’ll cover:
- My 6-step framework for solving coding interview problems, even when you’ve never seen them before
- How to tailor your interview prep specifically for remote interviews and online coding tests
- The specific differences when interviewing remotely... and how to use these to your advantage
- “Can I look up stuff online? Do I need to test the code by hand? Am I allowed to sketch stuff out?” and other common remote interviewing questions
- And much more...
After attending this workshop you’ll know exactly how to use all the tools available to you to ensure that you can put your best foot forward in the interview.
Session 2 (April 22nd @ 2pm ET):
How to Get Your Interviewer to FIGHT for you (with special guest Paula Rizzo)
Now that we’ve covered the technical side, we’re going to get into the nitty gritty of exactly how to connect with your interviewer. To teach Session 2, I will be joined by Emmy-award winning TV producer and bestselling author Paula Rizzo.
Paula is an expert in developing rapport and connecting with others, particularly under pressure. She has helped thousands people perform in the highest pressure situation: On live TV.
Here are some of the things we will cover in this session:
- How to develop instant rapport with your interviewer and make them your biggest advocate
- What to do if your interviewer looks completely bored during the interview
- 6 hacks to look and sound amazing in your interview, even if you’re not photogenic (yes this seriously makes a difference)
- Using the “Accordion Method” to tell your interviewer EXACTLY what they need to know, and nothing else
We will be selecting several students to do a breakdown of their personal statements. All you have to do is send us your answer to “Tell me about yourself”.
Paula and I will select several responses and do an in depth teardown of the exact changes that you can make to immediately connect with your interviewer and give them what they are looking for.
After these two sessions, you’ll be prepared to go out there and crush your interview, regardless of the situation.
Will there be a recording?
Yep, you’ll have lifetime access to the recordings of both calls. Plus if you’re unable to attend live, you can submit any questions you have ahead of time to make sure that we answer all of your questions.
How long are the sessions?
My goal is to keep each one to an hour (not including Q&A). However, as you may know, I sometimes end up going long because I really want to over deliver and give you everything I got. If you have to leave early though, you will of course be able to watch the recordings.
Will I be able to ask questions?
Yes. We’ll be reserving plenty of time for Q&A after both sessions. This is a great opportunity to ask about whatever is on your mind.
Will you be covering X?
Paula and I are working very hard to tailor this workshop to you. That means that we’ll be checking in with you before the workshop even starts to make sure that we’re covering everything that you want to know. As long as there’s general interest, we’re going to fit as much as we can into the workshops.
Praise for Byte by Byte
Hey Sam, keep up the good work...You are one of the sole reasons that has helped me pave my way into Amazon... Thank you. – Subharaj B.
I just wanted to thank you so much for all the byte by byte videos. It helped me in understanding so many of the problem-solving approach better which I then applied to other problems. It helped me in how to approach a problem during an interview. I have become more confident in facing an interview now. So big thanks to you and the initiative you have taken to help people like me. – Apoorva J.